header tenterfield tavern

Airey's Grant Restaurant 

The Layers of History

A hotel known as 'The Airey's Grant Hotel', (named after the owner and first licencee W.Thomas Airey) was born in 1872.  The Aireys Grant Hotel held this name until 1901 when William Scott changed the name to 'The Criterion'. 

Over the last 143 years this hotel has seen many changes and in 2006, when we purchased this very tired but still lovely old building, it was still known as the “Criterion Hotel”. 

Sadly to say, the building had deteriorated and was in a state of disrepair.  Our vision was to bring our heritage from 1872  into the 21st Century.  Major restoration, rebuilding and additions have been undertaken to bring the historical aspects back to the surface for all to enjoy and appreciate.

We felt it was only fitting to name our new Restaurant……….
“The Aireys Grant Restaurant”

Download our Menu by clicking on the table..bistro table



Airey's Grant Restaurant and Bistroaireys grant restaurant

Airey's Grant Restaurant and Bistro

tenterfield tavern address

Open 7 days per week from 10 am till late

P: 02 6736 2888

F: 02 6736 4855